Looking to get started living the cruiser lifestyle, then hop aboard a V Star.
• The V Star Custom is the lightest of the full-size Stars, which means great handling and performance are along for the ride, too.
• Dual exhausts, custom-looking clear turn signals, lots of chrome—the V Star Custom represents tremendous cruiser bang for the buck.
• Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock, offering up a great ride.
• 27.4-inch seat height lets riders get both feet on the pavement.
• Estimated 49 mpg means over 200 miles of riding before fill-ups.
• Beautifully chromed and polished 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC 70-degree V-twin cranks out torquey low and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm—maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm—for powerful, smooth cruising performance.
• Forged, lightweight pistons. Greater durability and reduced vibration and reciprocating mass.
• Efficient and quiet shaft drive. Requires almost no maintenance.
• Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation. Offers better cooling and longer engine life.
• Thick, cylinder cooling fins. Enhances the stylish look while increasing efficiency.
• Dual, heated Mikuni® 28mm carburetors with a throttle position sensor (TPS) features a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter. Provides a consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev-range.
• Wide-ratio five-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery to the asphalt.
• Two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling and deliver maximum low- and mid-range engine output.
• Stout, large-diameter steel frame is designed to provide low seat height with ample rider legroom.
• The bobbed fender evokes a look that’s both sporty and stylish.
• Extra long, 63.4-inch wheelbase adds to rider comfort, handling, and creates a long and low retro look.
• Large, low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort while low, 27.4-inch seat height allows rider to put feet down for extra confidence at stoplights.
• 41mm aluminum telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel and tube protectors ensures a smooth ride with stylishly sporty durability.
• Link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 3.4 inches of travel provides excellent handling and plusher ride quality.
• Rear shock is tucked out of sight under sporty bobtail fender for that classic, hardtail look.
• Single front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
• Narrow front tire on wire-spoked wheel completes the Custom’s design and delivers quick steering for sporty handling.
• Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
• Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra-long-distance cruising range.
• Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer is designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
• Chrome, bullet-style 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice, stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
• Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
• Under seat helmet holder increases convenience for the rider.
• Locking compartment under side cover. Secure storage for small items.
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.